While binding CO2 reduction targets are being hammered out at international level, city authorities, energy suppliers and private companies are working daily on concrete measures to decarbonise our economy.
With the event “Decarbonising Cities” on Wednesday, 1 September 2021, we aim to bridge the gap between international climate policy and practice and to enable actors from Switzerland and the UK to network. Let’s take the opportunity to learn about new solutions for decarbonisation beyond national borders and to exchange ideas and experiences!
The following programme highlights await you:
- Keynote speeches on international climate policy and research by David Moran (the UK Government’s COP26 Regional Ambassador for Europe, Central Asia, Turkey and Iran), Prof. Dr. Thomas Stocker (University of Bern, Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research) and Roberto Bocca (World Economic Forum).
- Panel discussion “The Road to Decarbonisation” with the keynote speakers as well as Catherine McGuinness (Policy Chair of the City of London Corporation)
- Breakout sessions on
• Emerging Technologies (with speakers from Empa, University of Cambridge and Heriot-Watt University)
• Green Finance (with speakers from Swiss Re, University of Oxford and Credit Suisse)
• Smart Cities (with speakers from Dundee City Council / Scottish Cities Alliance)
- Around 20 companies from Switzerland and the UK will present innovative decarbonisation solutions in pitches and at exhibition booths.
The event will take place at the Wankdorf Stadium in Bern and will be streamed online. The conference language is English with simultaneous translation in German.
More information and registration: www.decarbonisingcities.ch.